Vacation Rentals Policies and Reservation Information
- Check-in: Check-in is 4:00 P.M., Central Time or later. Occasionally delays may occur. You will find Beaches of South Walton Vacations Care-free Check-in to be the quickest and most convenient way to occupy your rental property. We give you a map of the general area in advance to help assist you in finding your rental property along with either an electronic code or a lockbox code that you will use during your stay. You will go directly to your vacation accommodation. There is no need to check in at a rental office.
- Check-out: Check out is no later than 10:00 A.M., Central Time. Please be courteous and depart on time, so we can prepare for the next guest’s arrival. Please load and start the dishwasher. Please pick up any garbage in the home (snack bags, empty water or soda bottles, etc.), and place in wastebaskets. Please do not make any used beds. When you lock up as you depart, please leave any pool passes, pool gate keys, and parking passes (if applicable) in obvious view on the kitchen counter or dining room table. Also, for properties that use entry door keys and not an electronic code for access, please place all entry door keys on the kitchen counter or dining room table except one which you will use to lock the property and place back in the lock box when you depart. Please do not put more than one key in the lockbox, or it may jam. Be sure all doors and windows are closed to protect against inclement weather. If you have time to remove garbage bags to the outdoor trash containers, we will be grateful for your help. If you fail to depart by the above required time, you may be charged a whole day’s rental plus additional administrative processing fee and tax as this can severely cause a problem with housekeeper scheduling and prevents arriving guests from checking in on time.
- Advance Payment: When making a reservation directly through Beaches of South Walton Vacations, a minimum 50% advance payment and non-refundable administrative processing fee are required immediately by MasterCard or Visa. If your reservation is less than 30 days from an arrival date, full payment is required. This policy is only for those booking directly through Beaches of South Walton Vacations and not making their reservation through a 3rd party advertising site such as Vrbo or others. All rates are subject to applicable Florida State and local sales tax and a city sales tax if applicable.
- Balance Due: The balance is due 30 days before an arrival date. At that time we will automatically charge your credit card for the balance due. You will not need to remember to call your credit card information back in to us.
- State and Local Taxes: State and local tax requirements can change at any time. If that occurs, you will be required to pay the increase in tax that would be due, and your credit card on file will be charged.
- Damage Deposit: A credit card must be held on file for a damage deposit. If any damages or other violations are discovered after your departure, your credit card will be charged for the actual amount including parts and labor.
- Cancellation or Reservation Changes: When booking directly through Beaches of South Walton Vacations your advance payment is refundable if the cancellation is received 60 DAYS or more prior to your arrival date with the exception of the administrative processing fee. Within 60 days of your arrival date your advance payment is not refundable. If a cancellation is received within 30 DAYS of your scheduled arrival date, the entire advance payment and balance due paid are non-refundable. Cancellations also include changes in rental property and/or change of dates within the cancellation period. Failure to send an advance payment does not assure that the reservation is canceled. Adding days to your reservation is not considered a change. Please note that you must contact Beaches of South Walton Vacations directly if you decide that you must cancel. There are no refunds or credits given due to inclement weather or for early departures or late arrivals. This cancellation policy is only for those booking directly through Beaches of South Walton Vacations and not making their reservation through a 3rd party advertising site such as Vrbo or others.
- Reservations: Each rental property lists the maximum occupancy - this is the maximum number of persons who may occupy the rental property. Extra beds, such as rental rollaways, are not allowed to be brought to the condo. A minimum age of 25 is required to rent. Children staying with their parents are welcome. Guests under the age of 25 must be accompanied by an adult guardian or parent during the entire stay. We do not rent to high school or college age groups that are vacationing together. Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of payment and a possible demand to vacate the premises. In the event the homeowner of your vacation rental terminates the rental agreement with Beaches of South Walton Vacations, declares the property unavailable, sells the home, or if an emergency repair or maintenance issue arises where a guest must vacate the property, Beaches of South Walton Vacations will assist you in finding alternative accommodations for your stay. Beaches of South Walton Vacations will not pay any difference in price for other accommodations.
- Pets: Pets, of any kind, are not allowed in your rental property or on the premises with the exception of designated “Pet Friendly” rental properties where some dogs are allowed. If there is evidence of any kind of pet in a rental property or on the premise, a damage charge will be incurred, and you will be asked to board your pet. We will be pleased to recommend boarding facilities for your pet if necessary. If you are bringing your dog to a pet friendly property, you must pick up after your dog outside. Pets are also not allowed on beds or other furniture. (Please note that pets are not allowed on the beach in Walton County unless you own property here, have a permit, and only between certain hours.)
- Community Pools: Glass of any kind is not allowed on pool decks or in the pool. Pools that have heaters are only heated certain times of the year. If you are staying within a community that requires a wristband to access pools or the beach, the wristbands will be at the rental property on the kitchen counter or dining table with the exception of guests staying at Sterling Sands Condos. Guest staying at Sterling Sands will receive their wristbands when they pick up their parking pass at the Sterling Sands Condo Association's onsite office. If you lose a wristband, there is up to a $25 charge per occurrence.
- Private Pools: Glass of any kind is not allowed on pool decks or in the pool. Most private pools that have heaters may be heated from October 15th through April 15th. An extra charge of $200 per week will apply on some properties. Partial weeks will be prorated. If a pool heater lock is tampered with to turn up the temperature beyond the standard 83-degree temperature, you will be charged $50 per day for each day of your stay. The pool maintenance company cleans private pools weekly. Additional guest charges apply if extra cleanings of the pool are requested. A $10.00 fee, per key, will be charged for each pool gate key lost.
- Lockout: If Beaches of South Walton Vacations is called to unlock your property after hours, a $50.00 lockout charge will be charged.
- Smoking: Smoking is not allowed in any rental property or on patios or balconies. If there is any evidence of smoking at the rental property, a damage charge will be incurred due to the extensive cleaning required. Please do not discard cigarette butts on the ground outside any rental property. Please dispose of them properly in the outdoor trash cans. Thank you.
- Automobiles: Automobiles must be parked off the street. Community streets must always remain clear for emergency vehicles. Please lock your car and property when unoccupied. Some rental properties have a maximum number of vehicles that are allowed.
- Rental Property Furnishings: Most rental properties, with the exception of studios, come with furnished kitchens that include cookware, dishware, and silverware. Not all properties are furnished with every item your own kitchen might have, and spices are not usually provided. Most properties have cable or satellite TV, one set of linens per bed and one set of bath linens per bath. Most rental properties either have a washer and dryer in the home or located on the premises. Please bring your own beach towels. Beach towels are not provided. Please do not bring bath towels to the beach or swimming pools. Rates include housekeeping service only upon departure. Please note that no refunds or discounts are given on household appliance or utilities failures including loss of Internet. Beaches of South Walton Vacations will use its best efforts to quickly resolve any appliance or utility failures. For your convenience, we have provided a starter supply of some of the basic household items such as bath tissue, paper towel, and garbage bags. Please bring your own hair dryer as some properties may not provide one. Please do not rearrange or move furniture to different floors at a property or to another location on the same floor. Moving them can cause damage to walls and to furnishings. If furnishings are moved, a fee could be charged to you for the labor involved to move the furnishings back where they belong and for any damage.
- AIR CONDITIONING AND HEATING – to keep the air conditioning and heating units running at the most efficient level, please keep all doors and windows closed at the home when outdoor temperatures are very hot or very cold. Please keep the setting at AUTO Cool or AUTO Heat, whatever the case may be, and adjust the thermostat to the desired temperature. Please note that setting thermostats below 70 degrees does not make the A/C unit cool faster and can potentially cause the A/C unit to ice up causing the unit to stop cooling completely. Please adjust the thermostat to a reasonable temperature. Thank you for your cooperation.
- Telephone Usage: Most rental properties do not have a telephone, and rental properties that provide a telephone may have restricted long distance service. There are a few properties where national long distance is included. For properties that do not offer free long distrance, you will need a credit card or telephone calling card to place a long distance call. The guest assumes full responsibility for calls made (or received) during the guest’s stay. If there are incurred toll charges during your stay, you will also be responsible for those charges.
- TV Usage: Most rental properties have a cable remote control and a TV remote control. Usually the TV remote control needs to be set to Channel 3, and the input source on the remote should be on TV or HDM1. Otherwise, the TV remote control is usually only used to turn the TV on and off. The cable remote control usually controls turning the channels. There may be exceptions to this rule. If you hook your Playstation, Xbox, or other gaming device to a TV during your stay, please be considerate, and put all cords back into their correct place, or a fee could be charged to you for someone needing to come out to connect cords back properly.
- Wifi: Most rental properties have a Wifi connection. If the Wifi connection is not an open connection, the network to connect to and password is usually on a sticker inside the front of the guest directory at the property, and this information is also usually on the router. Please DO NOT press the Reset Button on the router, or it will erase the password. The property provides the Wifi connection, but it is the guest’s responsibility to know how to connect their own device.
- Housekeeping: We always like the opportunity to have the cleaning companies we use correct any housekeeping issues there might be. If you discover a cleaning problem after you arrive, please notify us the day of your arrival, so the appropriate cleaning company can be contacted to quickly correct the problem the same day if possible or otherwise the next. Refunds for housekeeping are not given. While the cleaning company does their best to sanitize surfaces in their cleaning process, by agreeing to rent and stay at the property, guests are voluntarily assuming (for themselves and any minors) all risks related to COVID-19 exposure or any other contagious virus that may arise.
- Maintenance: Though a rare occurrence, repairmen or carpet cleaners may not be able to complete all work that they might be doing at the property by the 4:00 p.m. central check-in time. They may still need to complete the work after you have arrived, particularly in peak season when work must be performed between guests that are coming in back to back. Also, as with any home, emergency repairs can arise at any time, and if something occurs during your stay, repairmen will need access to the home to address the issue. Their efforts are for your comfort and benefit. We are sorry for any inconvenience from their need to attend to the property. Refunds are not given.
- Pest Control: Some properties may have monthly or quarterly pest control service, and if so, the technician will need to go into the property to perform the service.
- Beach Equipment and/or Boating: The safety and peacefulness of the Beaches of South Walton are ensured by our request that there be NO JET SKIS or MOTOR BOATS brought inside our communities. For safety and noise reasons, Walton County law does not allow the use of these water vehicles within 300 feet of the beach except at a few designated places that are remotely located from the beach area. Panama City Beach and Destin allow jet skis, and we do manage beachfront condos there.
- Construction: There are many growing communities along the Beaches of South Walton. Although we will try to remember to give prior notice of any construction activity near your rental property, if there is a concern, it is the guest’s responsibility to ask us if there is any present construction nearby. However, new construction can begin at any time after a reservation is made. Unfortunately, we cannot offer refunds or moves in the event of construction activity and noise.
- Travel Insurance: Beaches of South Walton Vacations does not sell travel insurance. If you would like to purchase travel insurance, you can contact CSA Travel Protection or Insuremytrip.com. The phone number to CSA Travel Protection is 1-866-999-4018, and the phone number to insuremytrip.com is 1-800-487-4722. Their websites are www.csatravelprotection.com or www.insuremytrip.comTell them that you are interested in purchasing insurance as an individual for your vacation; otherwise, they may tell you that you need to purchase it through your rental management company. If you have any problems, ask for their manager. Some CSA employees have not been informed that travel insurance can be purchased directly by an individual.
- Personal Items Left Behind: Beaches of South Walton Vacations or the rental property owner is not responsible for lost or misplaced items. However, if notified and/or found within a reasonable time, we will be happy to ship them to you COD. Beaches of South Walton Vacations or the rental property owner is not responsible for loss or mis-delivery by the carrier.
- After Hours, Weekends, or Holiday Lockout or Maintenance Emergencies: For after 5:00 p.m. central time, weekends, or holiday Lockout emergencies or Maintenance emergencies such as A/C failure, leaks in plumbing, or refrigeration issues, please leave a message at 1-850-622-3304, and someone from Beaches of South Walton Vacations will contact you shortly. Thank you.
- Disclosures: Beaches of South Walton Vacations is the agent of, and represents exclusively, the owners of the rental properties listed. Every effort has been made for accuracy in our brochure, any other printed or visual material, and any Website or online content; however, Beaches of South Walton Vacations is not responsible for errors or omissions. Rates, property description and rental conditions are subject to change without notice.
Beaches of South Walton Vacations, LLC
P.O. Box 1074
Santa Rosa Beach, FL 32459
Copyright Beaches of South Walton Vacations, LLC 2019 ©